Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wow Two Posts, Same Day, Mere Minutes Apart? What Gives Monfrere?

I either have something of value to say or I am merely exercising my right to procrastinate. Which is it? I don't rightly know. I'll tell you later.

Actually, for those who care, I figured I'd give an update on Law School and why this and now.
As I mentioned in my uncharacteristic prior posts, I am now attending Law School at Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. It's a good and solid law school and is part of Cleveland State University. I'm attending their evening program and the class load is adequate -- clocking in at 9 credits last semester and 10 this semester.

What this ultimately means is that time is critical and best spent on important things...unlike this blog. But really, a guy has to have some sort of outlet and well, why not find that outlet in prose, banter, and inarticulate ravings (more inarticulation later).

Amazingly, Law School is a pretty good fit for me. I've gone into this program with the expectation that when finished I will be practicing some form of business law acting as corporate counsel somewhere. At this time, litigation is not in the picture. Besides, there are too many litigators out there already.

Ultimately, this degree will serve as an insurance policy to ensure that we can put our kids through school, etc. I expect to be finished within 4 to 4 1/2 years from now as I may be pursuing a joint JD/MBA program -- to be determined later this year. So, what that means is that in 2013, when we hit that 20 year reunion, I'll be dealing with a whole new set of school loans and may actually appear to be "respectible". Doubtful, I know. But possible.

So, I'm sure that as the semester progresses, I will update you on my moans and groans. But hopefully they will be lighter observations like the other day on the way to work I was listening to NPR (that sounds so hoyty-toity) and the weather guy says "There is a 100% chance of snow today." REALLY? Is that even possible? Can you have a "100% chance?" Does the fact that the chance of something occurring at 100% mathematically mean that there is no chance but that the thing will actually occur? Isn't 100% the assertion of the absence of chance? Why not just say, we are 100% certain that it will snow today. There is no chance that it won't snow?

Come on now!

See, a light observation that really lacks any substance but has the aire of being entertaining.

Oh by the way...I think it can officially be called procrastinating...

Gotta get to work. Later.

No comments: