Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Repository...A new beginning

Welcome to the Repository. As you may know, I’ve been an infrequent contributor to my own site and am going to work at correcting this. Contributions will come as readily as I am able. At first expect them to be irregular but as time moves forward I will work on contributing on a regular basis.

First, I’d like to give you some insight into the links on this page. The first several links are to sites belonging several friends from my high school days and college days. Amazingly enough, they can be insightful and amusing…but at other times, you can gain an insight into the chaos that is my social experience.

The latter sites Ain’t it Cool and Giant in the Playground are two sites I frequent. Ain’t it Cool provides great spoilers and news on upcoming movies and television programs. It feeds the television junkie in me. The second, “Giant in the Playground” is a site that has an amusing web comic called “Order of the Stick”. For those of you not aware, I’m a closet gamer. I got hooked in college and recently have used it as an excuse to get together with the guys, drink beer, and well…act like a goof. No worries, I’m no cult fanatic and straddle the Conservative/Liberal divide fairly well. Anyhow, “Order of the Stick” is a web comic of stick figures that live in a faux D&D realm and can be contextually funny most of the time.

I should be adding more links over time and will be trying to make this site more “sophisticated” as well. We’ll see if my intention provides any fruit.

My hope is that I can provide you readers with a snippet here and there. A nugget of wisdom amongst the morass of noise that fills the air.

Woody Allen once said something to this extent: Showing up is 80 percent of success. The key being that everyone has potential for great things…you just gotta break out of the rut of your everyday life and show up to the game and do it. It’s not always about the end result but about the journey. This Repository is the beginning of my journey and I hope you enjoy the ride.

2 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

I'm not sure if I should feel greatful or insulted at being one of your links. "Amazingly enough, they can be insightful and amusing…" AMAZINGLY??? Herb, I am a little hurt that you would write that I am "amazingly insightful". I should be listed under the "infrequently insightful" category. Just playing.

Herb said...

Be greatful and insulted! I can be amazingly insightful from time to time. So much so, that even I can be surprised at myself. Afterall, I view my world from the PONG perspective normally.

Nothing like good ol' PONG.